the_farsight is a newly formed digital publication with keen interest in pursuing business, finance, economic and environmental stories. We are currently looking to fill up the following role:
a. Writer/Journalist/Reporter (1 for English language and 1 for Nepali language publication)
You’ll be responsible to come out with fresh, creative, engaging and critical story ideas and issues on business, finance, economy and environment and write about them independently in journalistic style. This will demand rigorous effort in quality data collection, analysis and presentation including visual depiction.
- Research and story development
- Brainstorming and pitching captivating story ideas to editor/team
- Conduct research through online/primary sources/secondary sources/tertiary sources on assigned topics as need arises.
- Conduct research relevant to your own/coworkers’ articles
- Collect, verify and decipher data (qualitative/quantitative/primary/secondary research) etc.
- Interview individuals relevant to the article
- Keep up-to-date on the latest news developments by attending events, studying different papers, opinion pieces, and through social media
Writing and Editing:
- Use all your findings to prepare well-researched, concise, critical and factual articles
- Integrate relevant data both qualitative and quantitative into writing
- Write and publish a consistent amount of articles per month as discussed with employer
- Proofread, fact check, review and edit own and/or coworkers' writing and other works
- Adhere to stipulated editorial guidelines
- Meet all regular and recurring deadlines
- Attend meetings to delegate new tasks
- Adhere to the ethical code of the profession
You are expected to possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant areas (Economics, Business, Finance, Journalism, Media Studies or other relevant qualification) with at least one years experience in works involving data, critical analysis and writing.
- Strong analytical and English language writing skills
Fresh graduates (master’s level) are also encouraged to apply.
PLEASE send in your application with a cover letter, your resume and a sample write-up (on any topics) to: [email protected]
Use ‘Career’ in your email subject-line along with the job role.