the_farsight is a newly formed digital publication with keen interest in pursuing business, finance, economic and environmental stories. We are currently looking to fill up the following roles:
b. Social Media Manager + Content Developer (with sound photography skills)
- You’ll be responsible to come out with fresh, creative, engaging and critical story ideas and issues on business, finance and economy and write about them independently in journalistic style. For writer/journo/reporter, this will demand rigorous effort in quality data collection, analysis and presentation including visual
- You'll also be compiling various news on recent national and international current affairs as assigned
- Support editorial team in works like internet research, designing interview questionnaire, and setting-up meetings
- Produce content for the publication and its clients’ social media accounts
- Copyediting, proof reading and fact checking
You are expected to possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant areas (Economics, Business, Finance, Journalism, Media Studies or other relevant qualification) with at least one years experience in works involving data, critical analysis and writing.
- Strong analytical and English language writing skills
Fresh graduates (master’s level) are also encouraged to apply.
PLEASE send in your application with a cover letter, your resume and a sample write-up (for the role of writer) on any topics to:
Use ‘Career’ and in your email subject-line, and mention the job role.